The weather is warm and the sun is shining, which means it’s time to take it outside—your workout that is! Nothing is as much of a motivator for getting in a solid sweat-sesh as a little fresh air and a change of scenery. But before you head out the door you need to be armed with everything you’ll need to get the most out of your alfresco workout without any distractions. So whether you’re crushing a HIIT session at the park, hitting the pavement for a five miler, or cruising on your bike, you won’t want to be without these five outdoor workout essentials!
1) SPIbelt The key to staying cool when it’s hot out is wearing as little clothing possible, but that means you’ll most likely be without pockets to stash all of your stuff. Forget about armbands which can leave you with ugly tanlines and instead rock a SPIbelt. Load the compact, bounce-free zipper pouch with your phone, keys, fuel, and whatever else you might need during your workout, then buckle the adjustable band around your waist for a custom fit. The SPIbelt is so lightweight and comfortable you’ll forget you’re even wearing it! Check out our selection here!
2) Water Bottle Nothing makes you feel like you’re getting in a killer workout like a good sweat, but staying hydrated is crucial if you want to keep up. Choose a large water bottle that can hold enough liquid so you’ll never be left thirsty and add ice cubes to keep your beverage cold. Even better if you choose one with an easy-access lid so you won’t ever have to stop what you’re doing to take a swig. Also check out the SPI H20!
3) Sunscreen Look at you, exercising to improve your health! You know what’s definitely not healthy? Coming home with a sunburn. Protect yourself from harmful UV rays that cause burns and lead to skin cancer by applying sunscreen to all exposed areas before you head outside. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends choosing a formula with an SPF of at least 30 or higher.
4) Hat Squinting to see when you’re trying to focus on your workout is such a pain. Eliminate the problem by rocking a hat with a visor—preferably one made of a sweat-wicking material—to keep the sun out of your eyes and your face shaded.
5) Wireless Headphones Nothing kills your vibe and puts an immediate stop to all those endorphins that are flowing, faster than getting tangled up in your headphone cord. With a wireless pair you can pump up the jams and rock out while you work out without limiting your range of motion. Win, win!